The availability of TPE sex dolls is ever increasing. TPE lovedolls look incredibly realistic while generally costing less than silicone ones. In this article we will briefly explain what TPE is and what are the differences between love dolls in TPE and in silicone.
TPE is the acronym for ThermoPlastic Elastomer, a mix of polymers such as plastic and synthetic rubber, with thermoplastic and elastomeric properties. It’s a successful material as it combines the elasticity of the rubber with the convenience and the value offered by the injection molding. TPE is used in the production of numerous products such as bags, handles, shoe soles etc.
Most manufacturers in our catalog utilize TPE for their dolls.
The Advantages of TPE
- Soft, elastic, ergonomically comfortable, slip resistant. More than regular silicone.
- Excellent shock absorption.
- Hypoallergenic. it is unlikely to cause allergic reactions.
- The market offers a huge variety of faces and bodies.
The Disadvantages of TPE
- Porosity. Fluids might get trapped inside the pores leading to bacteria and germs growth. This can be avoided though if the dolls is cleaned with antibacterial soap after use. Also due to porosity, TPE stains more easily than silicone. Clothes that may color transfer should be avoided.
- Cannot be sterilized. Porous materials can’t be sterilized.
- Softer blends can be more prone to cutting than silicone, especially in areas such as fingers, toes, sexual cavities.
- More prone to staining than silicone
To sum up
TPE represents a great step forward of realism in the sexual experience with a love doll. If you love squeezable jiggly breasts look no further than TPE. Porosity requires attention with clothing and regular cleaning after use. TPE is a relatively new material for lovedolls, and production techniques are not as refined as those for silicone lovedolls. Only trusted brands should therefore be purchased. All brands available in our shop have been on the market for years and enjoy solid reputation.
Silicone is an artificial polymer. It’s heat-resistant and rubber-like, and it’s used in sealants, adhesives, lubricants, cooking utensils and insulation. Some common forms include silicone oil, grease, rubber and resin. Silicone rubber is the kind used to make love dolls. It can be very soft or very firm depending on how it is formulated, however it always tends to be highly resistant to pressures (heat, deformation).
Some lovedoll makers in our catalog utilize silicone.
Advantages of Silicone
- Reliable. Silicone has been used to make lovedolls for more than twenty years.
- Looks are extremely realistic. Silicone lovedolls are generally more detailed than TPE ones.
- Non porous.
- Heat resistant.
Disadvantages of Silicone
- Slightly harder than TPE. Silicone does not possess rubber’s elasticity.
- Less choice of faces and bodies than TPE
To sum up
Always reliable, silicone will remain for a long time a favorite choice for sexdolls. More stain and heat resistant than TPE but also a bit harder.
The choice between TPE and silicone largely depends on personal taste and preferences.
Many find that TPE is superior form the tactile point of view while silicone is superior from the visual one.
Ideally you might own dolls made in both materials, so as that you can choose yourself which material is more suitable to you.
Irrespective of the material you choose however, make sure you buy from trusted brands and sellers. This is where Silverdoll can make a difference for you. We select only the most reliable Chinese brands, so you can relax and choose your favorite material and doll.